Careful, responsible use of candles can prevent injury or property damage. Please keep in mind the following precautions when enjoying your Beeswax Candle Company candles and always follow directions in packaging.
- Always remove all packaging completely before burning candles.
- Always stay within view of a burning candle.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings or other foreign matter that might present a fire hazard.
- Keep wicks trimmed to one-quarter inch.
If an off-center flame is causing the candle to burn unevenly, simply move the extinguished wick to the center with a metal spoon handle while the wax is still soft.
The wick is designed to produce a small black carbon cap at the top of the wick as it burns. This is normal as it helps radiate heat to the edge of the candle. You should not trim the wick nor touch it while it is cold.